CA – March 22, 2016 – You have just finished setting up the new house that you are going to move into but you still haven’t packed the belongings that you will be taking with you. If you are having trouble with packing, you should know that most people find packing as the most stressful part of moving. Look at all the items that are staring you in the face. What would you do about them? Packing can be daunting but there are actually a lot of ways that you can use to make packing easier.
- Stop procrastinating. Admit it. You may have procrastinated a little bit that is why you haven’t gotten anything done yet. Getting started with the packing may be difficult but know that you wouldn’t get anywhere if you don’ start packing. A few days before you move, you can start going room to room and sort out your valuables into their proper boxes. Start with the items that you don’t use too often.
- Pack by room. When you pack, focus on one room at a time so that you don’t get your things mixed up or lose items. For smaller items, try to wrap them in tissue or bright colored paper so that you don’t misplace them.
- It is important that you label your boxes very carefully and give a good description of the items placed inside. You can use different colored markers for each box of every room.
- Keep clean. Packing can be a dirty task so where a face mask and an apron. Also, avoid using regular newspapers because the ink might bleed into your possessions. Use only white packing paper.
- Use the right boxes. There are boxes that are specifically made for packing and moving. Make sure to use these boxes instead of the ones you got from the liquor or grocery stores because used boxes are unpredictable.
- Know your limits. There are items that are too risky to pack. You wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of the law.
- Decide which items that don’t need packing. There are items like papers and heirlooms that are easier to carry than to pack.
Make sure you use quality packaging materials like those sold on Papermart.com because they are guaranteed to secure your package.